Blue/Red - The Doing Relator
I am an industrious person who focuses on goals and proceeds full speed ahead. I am willing to be supportive of others if it helps me achieve my objectives. I do have a genuine desire to complete tasks from start to finish, preferably by myself.
I am highly focused and sometimes forget to ask or seek other people’s opinions. I have a tendency to say ‘I’ instead of ‘we.’
I am competitive and find it difficult to delegate tasks and jobs.
“My tendencies include:”
* I dislike being told what to do or when or how to do something
* I am reluctant to change what I think or how I feel
* I will only delegate tasks when absolutely necessary
* I like to make sure that production is completed on schedule
* I depend a lot on plans for action and follow up routines
* I become tenacious and even more anxious when under pressure
“My Potential Limiters:”
With tasks: Because I am so focused, I could benefit by broadening my perspectives. I need to learn to be effective outside my comfort zone by considering different points of view and finding other ways to achieve my goals. All too often, I am in the ‘either / or’ mode in my decision making and need to practice flexibility.
With people: I must start to show confidence in others by delegating and giving people tasks that will be fulfilling for them. I can also benefit by creating more free time and space in my life, as well as generally appreciating and tolerating differences among people.
* I should ask others to share their ideas on how to accomplish tasks and how to satisfy their needs and expectations.
* I should be more genuinely open with others by revealing my feelings and addressing theirs.
* I should be less afraid to seek guidance or ask for help.`
Download this profile in PDF format